This PNC Off-Campus Program is an educational opportunity for students who are not able to enter a residential program. In cooperation with the Philippine Church of the Nazarene, the PHILTEEN program is designed to equip gifted individuals with a deep desire to serve God in the Church, especially those called by God to do works of ministry. This program is a response to the need for district-based ministerial education through off-campus classes. It makes theological, biblical education accessible to all Christians. Its aim is to provide classes necessary for ordination in the Church of the Nazarene.
Anyone with a sincere desire to study Scripture, theology and the Church is invited to participate in this program. Special interest is directed toward those God-called persons needing preparation for pastoral ministry.
CHRISTIAN LEADERSHIP CERTIFICATE
- A 30 unit (1 ½ year) course of study
- Designed to equip lay leaders in the local church
PASTORAL LEADERSHIP DIPLOMA
- A 75 unit (3 year) course of study
- Designed for those called to pastoral ministry
- Meets the educational requirements for ordination
- The candidate must successfully complete at least half of the total units through off-campus modules.
- Twenty-five of the courses will be offered through district-based sessions.
- Sessions will follow a semester schedule.
- Courses are offered mainly during Saturdays and weekday evenings.
- Five of the courses will be offered by PNC professors.
- Sessions will follow a semester schedule, most being offered during PNC’s semester and summer breaks.
- All “in-class” sessions for a course will meet in a one week schedule
45 HOURS PER COURSE PER SEMESTER
- 27 hours in-class sessions
- 18 hours of assigned collateral works
- Study guide questions
- Research projects
- Secure an application for admission from the District PHILTEEN Coordinator.
- Accurately complete the application form.
- Secure three (3) character references who must be indicated in the application form
- Submit the completed application form and fee to the District Coordinator
- The District Coordinator will send the approved application forms and fees to PNC